Sunday, November 16, 2014

Simple Home Fries

So as I've mentioned before, I'm not much of a breakfast person.
I have my cereal and that makes me happy, but on the weekends I try to make at least one hearty breakfast to fill us up until dinner. 

There is one little problem....I DESPISE EGGS, which happen to be a main breakfast ingredient. 
They smell gross and have a horrible texture and I will only eat them two ways;
1. Extremely runny and mixed into hash browns
2. Eggs benedict....because everything tastes good smothered in hollandaise sauce

These are my favorite hash browns, but I must admit my mom always gets them a lot crispier!!

Ingredients:
3 medium potatoes 
1/4 of diced onion 
1/4 cup of diced red bell pepper
1/4 cup of milk
1 1/2 Tablespoons of flour
1 Tablespoon of butter
*Makes 3 servings

Cut the potatoes into bite sized cubes

                                

Place in a pot, cover with water and bring to a boil.
Boil for about 5 minutes or until tender when poked with a fork.

Meanwhile chop the bell pepper and onion and place in a bowl.
Drain potatoes and add to the bell pepper and onion. 


In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk and flour (called a slurry). 
Gradually pour over the potatoes just until it has coated all of them (this might mean that you don't use all of the slurry). 

In a pan, melt the butter over medium heat.
Once melted, add in the potatoes. 


Season with salt and pepper, and occasionally flip them. 
Remember that the potatoes are already cooked, so this is just to brown them. 
Once browned, you are ready to eat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment