Sunday, February 1, 2015

Creamy Feta, Garlic, and Jalapeno Dip

Happy Super Bowl Sunday!!

I'm a bad super bowl watcher because I am "watching" the game as I'm writing this, but it's worth it because I have to tell you about the best dip ever created!!! Plus I only watch for the commercials...

Not only is this dip unique because it uses feta but it is packed with flavor!

I doubled the recipe so that I would have plenty to go around...and some left over for myself later because it is THAT GOOD!

Ingredients:
8 oz. softened cream cheese
3 oz. room temperature feta
1 tablespoon shallot, chopped 
1/2-1 jalapeno, chopped depending on how spicy you want it
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil 
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon lemon juice 
Salt and Pepper to taste 
*Makes about a cup and a half of dip

Bring both cheeses to room temperature so that they will blend easily and get creamy.
Put them both into a food processor or some other sort of blender/chopper....whatever gets the job done.
I don't have one so I borrowed one from my friend Kera. (Thanks Kera!!) 


Pulse until blended and creamy with no chunks. 


Add all of the other ingredients to the cheeses. 


Blend until all of the ingredients are equally distributed. 


Pour into cute bowls and serve with chopped veggies and slices of bread. 
That's it....really that has to be the easiest recipe I have ever put on this blog and probably one of the best tasting!




I gotta go....Katy Perry is going to be on soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment