Sunday, May 4, 2014

Crock Pot Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup

I apologize in advance for the lack of preparation pictures for this blog post.
This was the first time making this recipe and I was unsure about how it would turn out but it ended up being so good that I had to post this weekend despite the absence of pictures.

I am not usually a fan of chicken noodle soup. Truth is, I am not of fan of most soups that are broth based because they never quite seem to fill me up. 

This soup is perfect because it's creamy, it's filling, and it's super easy.

This is what your going to need:

1 (10.75 oz.) can of cream of chicken soup
1 (10.75 oz.) can of cream of mushroom soup
5 cups of milk (I know it's a lot, but you could cut the recipe in half if you like)
9 oz. of mixed frozen vegetables
2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded 
2 cups of uncooked egg noodles
Salt and pepper to taste (I added a little garlic salt, because it's my favorite)

Cook the chicken ahead of time, or buy pre-cooked chicken and make your job even easier. 

To your crock pot add both cans of soup and the milk. 
Whisk together until blended. 

Add and stir frozen vegetables and chicken. 

Set crock pot to low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours.

During the last 30 minutes to an hour (depends on your heat setting) add the uncooked egg noodles, and that's it.
 Told you it was easy. 

Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment