Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day Peanut Butter Pie

This weeks recipe is definitely not on my new diet, but it's not about me because it's fathers day!

I blame my addiction to sweets on my dad, and this Sunday I made him one of his favorites....a peanut butter pie!!

This was a once closely guarded secret recipe but I was given permission to use it, since it's my dads favorite dessert. 

Ingredients: 
1 (8 oz.) package of softened cream cheese
1 (14 oz.) can of Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk 
3/4 cup of peanut butter 
3 Tbs. of real lemon juice
1 tsp. of vanilla extract 
1 (14 oz.) container of thawed whipped topping 
1 thawed 9" pre-made pie crust (or you can be courageous and make your own)  


Follow the directions on the packaging for baking your pie crust (it shouldn't take more than about ten minutes to bake). Make sure you poke it with a fork a few times, to prevent air pockets from forming. 
Meanwhile, start putting together your filling. 

Beat the cream cheese in a bowl until "fluffy"....I'm not really sure if cream cheese gets particularly "fluffy" but, beat until it looks like this...


In the same bowl, beat the condensed milk, and the peanut butter into the cream cheese until smooth. 


With a spoon, stir in the lemon juice and vanilla. 
Then gently fold in the whipped topping until everything is combined. 


By this time, your pie crust should be nice a brown, and ready for the filling!!


Pour the peanut butter filling into the crust and smooth out, until it is even. 


With a spoon, you can make little peaks in the filling to make it look a little more fancy!!


Put your pie into the refrigerator and chill for four hours, or until set.
There you have it!!!
A delicious and rich pie that is sure to make any daddy happy. 
Good news is, that this pie is super easy and quick to make so you still have time to whip one up for dad today!!!


Life Update:
I am still sticking to this diet the best I can and even at my parents I still had time to do my workout this morning.
This handsome man kept a close eye on me the whole time, wondering why I was working so hard while I could be looking out at how beautiful the morning was. 


He has always loved to be mommy's little model!!

Good news is my jaw is feeling so much better this week!!
The dentist informed me that I definitely have some jaw joint issues (he said it feels like my jaw pretty much pops out of place every time I open and close my mouth) but he can't say for certain if the pain is from that or the wisdom teeth, so I have an appointment with an oral surgeon in a week. Hopefully she will be able to give me a better idea on if taking them out will help me with this problem in the future. 
If it's not the wisdom teeth, the doctor said I could just be stressed out about things lately and clenching my jaw more, which could be aggravating the joint....stress...what stress hahaha so the plan is try and relax more....I think I could get used to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment