Saturday, June 7, 2014

It's Been One Of Those Weeks...

Lately I have felt a little disconnected with my blog and it's making me sad, so I thought I would take a moment to go through all that's been going on with me lately. 

Lots Of Changes At Work 
I work in a small office of eight people, and this last week two people decided to quit...at the same time. This presents a large problem because our business is growing quickly, gaining more work and clientele by the day. With two people leaving....we are in the hole. Considering the two people are dating and knew when the other one was going to quit, them doing it at the same time for no other reason other than the fact they wanted to be mean....well, it was just mean. The good news is that two new people have been hired, and the negative energy brought by the old two, will soon be gone! The bad news is that it takes months for a new person to become completely trained, so it looks like I will be working late for a while, and there will be no summer vacations for anyone in the office....bummer. I'm going to recommend someone coming in to sage the office after these two leave....out with the old and grumpy, in with the new and cheery. 

Major Lifestyle Changes
I don't know what made us dive so deeply and so quickly into this change, but I think it's definitely for the better. Kevin, and I have started at intense new fitness routine along with a major overhaul of how we eat. This involves following a crazy workout plan six days a week, and eating simple and healthy meals throughout the day while dramatically reducing our portion sizes. Lets just say it's been fun and rewarding but also extremely painful and difficult at the same time. I may be naturally thin, but I have come to find out that I am no where close to being physically "fit". I have to say that there have been numerous positives already;

1. We have found something that we can do together every day, and have even started cooking together every night!
2. Almost all of my previous back pain has disappeared (I attribute that to some of the workouts involving some deep stretching and yoga positions)
3. I am sleeping much better and wake up much easier in the mornings 

I have never used a planned out workout routine before, but I will probably never go back to just guessing my way through whats right ever again. Fitness professionals make this their job for a reason, they really know what works!! Even though the positives are numerous, some things have been very hard for me. Food has always been my friend...as you can see in Tasty Sunday's, scaling down my diet and making it less complicated has been startling in the least. I have found that I have a tendency to make things that have a lot of different ingredients, and this diet is all about keeping it simple with only a few really healthy ingredients...lets just say I like a lot of flavor. I will have to work on how to bring in lots of flavor without using a ton of ingredients....wish me luck. Also, just about every muscle in my body is sore...I look ridiculous trying to go up and down stairs. We have eight more weeks left on this workout plan, but I am definitely going to keep at least doing yoga after it is over...I can't even explain how much it has helped my back!

Time For The Dentist
So I have been a big baby about going to the dentist lately, but it's finally time to bite the bullet. Along with just a routine cleaning, I have been needing to have some issues addressed lately. I have been having intense soreness in my jaw for about a week now, and it is both concerning and deeply annoying!!! I know that I have all four wisdom, and some people have been telling me that jaw pain is one symptom of them coming in, but I can't shake the feeling that it is something else. For years my jaw has popped occasionally when yawing, or eating but I never really got concerned because it would never hurt. Never thought anything of it until I read about TMD or Temporomadibular Disorders which affect the temporomadibular joint in the jaw. A lot of things I have been mysteriously ailed with over the years seem to line up; jaw soreness, popping of the jaw, headaches, neck aches, ringing in the ears (which I've had twice in the last couple of years). I know there could be other reasons for each of these occurring but I will see what the doctor says on Tuesday. I am kind of hoping he says it's the wisdom teeth, because not much can be done for TMD and if it's the wisdom teeth, at least I can have those taken out. I will keep you updated!!

So anyways, thats what I have been fretting over lately, thus why I haven't been able to spend much time on my beloved blog. I'd say I'm one giant mess at that moment considering every muscle, plus my jaw, is in pain but I'm fairly confident life will go on!!!

Stay tuned for tomorrows Tasty Sunday recipe. It's my first attempt at making something kinda healthy while still spoiling myself because it's Sunday!!

Wish me luck on Tuesday!!
Oh yeah, and I'll still be here waiting on my beautiful loveseat to be delivered, where I can lay in piece with my sore body. 

1 comment: