Sunday, April 27, 2014

Banana Bread

Ok, so after making Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana Peanut Butter Sandwiches a few weeks ago I kind of kept on a banana craze.

Well after a while I just couldn't keep up with how fast the little suckers were ripening, so I found myself with four ripe bananas and nothing to do with them.

When in excess of the fruit, it's time to make banana bread.


This is not a banana NUT bread because I hate nuts in my food but add nuts into yours if your a fan. 

This recipe is so incredibly easy, and everyone will be impressed on how it looks and how amazing it tastes!

This is what your going to need:
1/2 cup of butter
1 cup of sugar
2 eggs 
4 ripe bananas 
1 1/2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
and a loaf pan

My bananas were frozen, thats why they look so weird. I do not
recommend freezing while they are still in the peel.
They become impossible to peel and it's not a pleasant process. 

First, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.


In a separate mixing bowl, add the sugar and softened butter. 


Mix until fluffy. 


Next, your going to mash the bananas and yes it's going to look gross. 


Add those mashed bananas and eggs to your mixing bowl, and mix until blended. 


Next your going to sift your four. I used to never do this, but the more I bake the more I realize how much better it makes things taste texture wise.
If you don't have a sifter, don't panic.
I have made plenty of recipes without following the directions and sifting, and they have turned out just fine. 

Sift your flour mixture into your mixing bowl, and add the vanilla. 


Mix until completely blended. 


Next, your going to prep your loaf pan. 
Spray the pan with cooking spray and then sprinkle with flour to further prevent sticking. 
Knock out any excess. 
(Adding the flour is yet another thing that most people avoid when baking but it really does help)


Add your mixture, and at this point it will already smell amazing!


Pop it in the oven at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.

At the end, this is what it will look like!!


While baking, don't get freaked out about how dark the outside is getting.
 Everything will be ok!! 
With all of the natural sugars in the bananas this crust forms on the outside but don't worry, it's not as tough as it looks. In fact even the crust stays moist in this recipe and it's actually my favorite part!

After the pan is completely cooled, run a dull knife around the edge to loosen it up and it should come out easy peasy. 


To keep fresh, I would recommend wrapping it in plastic wrap. 
It is not necessary to refrigerate but you can if you like.
If you do refrigerate, the bread will become harder when you cut it. Just pop your slice in the microwave for a couple of seconds and it will be delicious, soft, and warm!!!


1 comment:

  1. This was the best banana bread I have had in a long time. Good job sweetie. Loving you always, Mom PS she has never let me put nuts in the banana bread or Chocolate chip cookies.

    ReplyDelete