Saturday, April 12, 2014

What Makes A Good Southern Girl....A Floridians Edition

Lately I have been seeing a lot of posts online talking about what makes a southern girl, so I have decided to have a break down of my own.

Being a Florida native, I often hear people say Florida is not really considered the South. Well let me tell you this is a lie! I'm about as south as you can get while still being in the United States so I think I deserve the accreditation. 
So let me give the low down on what makes a good southern girl, from a Floridians perspective. 

Knowing How To Make/Enjoy The Elixir Of The South. Iced Tea!
Lets get one thing straight. It HAS to be sweet!
Whenever I go somewhere and ask for sweet tea, and they say that they only have unsweetened a shiver runs down my spine and I quickly realize that I am far outside my comfort zone.
I prefer to make mine the old fashion way, in my good ole sun tea jar on the back porch....plus one cup of sugar (I try to block out how much sugar I add out of my brain)
P.S. It really does taste better when your drinking it out of a mason jar.

 Not Being Afraid Of Getting Dirty
A good southern girl saves herself  a whole lot of over reacting by just giving in to the dirt. 
Embracing this state of mind opens up a world of possibilities, because remember that soap cures all and getting dirty can be fun!
This means not being afraid of
Mud 
Fish Slim
Dog Slobber
Horse Manure
Etc. Etc. Etc.
A special skill southern girls have perfected is being dirty and still looking pretty.

Knowing Your Camo Limitations 
A lot of people think that southerners love to douse themselves in camo. Well I'm not going to lie, some do.
I love my camo, but a good southern girl must know her limitations. 
This means not going overboard (i.e., wedding dresses, prom dresses etc.)
The key here is that if your not actually hunting, you know....like in the woods, there is no need to wear it from head to toe. Think more along the lines of accessorizing. 

Taking Care Of Your Man
Southern women love to take care of their men (but that doesn't mean we take any lip from them!!) 
Just one example of taking care of your man is being in charge of cutting his hair because: 
1. Knowing how to cut your mans hair saves a lot of money over the years. 
2. You get to be in control of his hair style, therefore having the power to make it the way that it should be.
Remember, they are helpless without us really.

Having A Protective Momma 
Everyone loves a southern momma.
They cook good food.
They spoil you.
They always treat you like their baby, even when your an adult.
They will kick someones butt for you.
They act like a momma to all your friends, and neighbors, and acquaintances so pretty much everyone.

When it comes down to it the most important part of being a southern girl is taking pride in where you come from....even when people tell you that your from Florida, which isn't the South.

Shout out to all my southern Florida girls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment